6/30/10

Strut Your Stuff Thursday with Shaklee


Every Thursday we get together to share our newest creations. It could be just about anything- A makeover, a project, artwork, a great recipe... I am not picky!  I am on the hunt for items to feature and people to guest blog on somewhat simple AND Crazy Domestic, so show me what you got!

Today's giveaway is a great prize from Bonnie, an Independent Shaklee Consultant


Bonnie is the cute blogging mom at House of Grace. Her blog chronicles life as a stay at home mom of 3 kids under the age of 5. She has mad decorating skills and has a cleaning repertoire chalk full of handy tips. She is here today to educate mothers on how to keep their families safe by switching to non toxic cleaners that actually work and take care of our planet.






•••
Go to your cupboard right now and take a look at the cleaners you have stashed away. Do any of them contain sodium hydroxide, phenol, ammonia or formaldehyde? These–and many more–may be toxic, dangerous and not very clean at all. Is this really what you want to clean your home with? The average home today contains 62 toxic chemicals — no wonder over 90% of poison exposures happen at home! Its time to trash those harsh cleaners and replace it with something safe! Take a look at this:

It’s called Basic H and you can use it to clean just about everything in your whole house!!! Its nontoxic, free of harsh fumes, Earth friendly, and easy to use. Its part of Shaklee’s Get Clean products, which are natural, economical, hypoallergenic and 100% guaranteed. To see Bonnie's Basic H cleaner in action, click here. 

You only need 2 drops of this solution mixed with 16ozs of water and it works amazingly!!! I don’t know how something so good for your home can also be so high-performing, but it is! Take a look at how a little Basic H and some elbow grease got ballpoint pen out of Bonnie’s sofa:

I used Basic H on the carpet in my preschool room. You can imagine what the floors can get to look like with 8 little ones romping around- the Basic H made the spots disappear with very little scrubbing on my part! I took pictures, but they didn’t show the before stains that great, so you’ll just have to take my word for it!

But here is another product from Shaklee that I LOVE:

Its called Scour Off and it smells all fruity and delicious. (And it only costs $8.50) The above photo shows 2 pairs of my daughter’s white flip flops. Yep, those were at one time white.
I simply put a penny-sized portion of scour off onto a rag and wiped (not scrubbed) the flip flops and in 1 minute or less they were as good as new! (And they smelt good, did I mention the fruity, yummy smell?)


(And no, the Scour Off doesn’t magically add ribbon and embellishments to your sandals, that tutorial will be coming to somewhat simple soon!)


If you want to make the switch to Shaklee products and go green for your whole house, I’d suggest the Get Clean Kit. You'd have to spend more than $3,400 to get the same amount of clean found in the Get Clean Starter Kit!

If you want to see Dr. Oz teach Oprah about Shaklee’s Get Clean Products, CLICK HERE for a video.


The Giveaway:
Bonnie has offered to give 10 lucky readers their very own Basic H! TEN winners!!! All winners will receive enough Basic H to make 2 bottles of powerful cleaner when diluted with 16 ozs of water.


How to Enter:
1. Visit Bonnie's Shaklee site and tell me what product you would love to have for your home.
2. Follow Bonnie's blog and read some of her great cleaning tips.
3. Blog, twitter or facebook about this giveaway

Additional Entries: 
-Be a follower or a fan of somewhat simple's blog, facebook, twitter or Blog Frog Community.

A NEW WAY TO ENTER
Please enter only one comment per person telling me of all the entries you completed. I will enter your name for as many times as you have entries. I am just trying to cut down on the amount of comments I get for giveaways because my inbox tends to get overloaded. Thanks!

And A Special Offer  for EVERYONE! 
Become a Shaklee Member to receive 15% off all of your orders and then email Bonnie for some fantastic new member benefits that are too "secret" to mention here!

I will pick the winners and announce them this Sunday at the top of my blog. All winners must "be present" to win, meaning if you see your name, you have to email me to claim your prize or you miss out!
•••

And now for the Link Party!  
I am on the hunt for items to feature and people to guest blog on here and Crazy Domestic, so show me what you got!

Here are the rules just to make sure we are all playing fair:
1. Link to your specific post, not the main page of your blog.
2. Grab our party button so everyone can get in on the fun.

This link party will start at 6pm Wednesday and end at 6pm Friday (Arizona time!) By entering your link, you are giving me permission to use any part of your post including pictures in a spotlight on somewhat simple or Crazy Domestic. (Proper credit and links will be given to you, of course!)

40 comments:

  1. I've been trying for some Shaklee EVERYWHERE! ;) I would love to try the H2. I'm especially interested to see it work on glass. I've never really been satisfied by a glass cleaner, and I've heard great things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to try the Scour Off!

    I follow your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always glad to see others recommending safer, healthier alternatives. We owe it to our families to be informed.

    Come join in on the fun for all three of my linky parties each week:

    ASK THE YANKEE - MONDAYS
    TIPS & TRICKS TUESDAY
    TIME TRAVEL THURSDAY

    You can get the details here:

    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/2010/06/brambleberry-cottage-linky-party.html

    Each party runs for six days, so come on by!

    Hope to see you there!
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great giveaway and another great blog! I'm in for two entries...one for following and one for perusing the Shaklee offerings. I knew about the cleaning products (think I'd get a lot of mileage out of the scrubbing paste), but I didn't realize there's also wellness & nutrition products. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd really like to have the Get Clean® Caddy Organizer Kit to both try the line of products and keep all of my cleaning stuff together.

    I follow your blog
    I'm a FB fan of yours

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to try the scour off! I need to clean my oven but hate to use chemicals! Hope it works!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to try the "Nature Bright® Laundry Booster & Stain Remover". I'm all about natural products but haven't found one for stains that is is natural and effective!

    I'm a faithful follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have wanted to try their products since I saw it on Oprah - specifically the H2. I am also a follower of her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would LOVE scour off!

    I follow her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for hosting! If your readers would like another party to link up to, my other blog is, It's A Blog Party, everyday I host a different linky. I also have a Fourth of July Linky Party going on right now.
    http://itsablogparty.com
    Happy 4th of July!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to try the Scour Off! I have four children, and this would be a useful product to have!
    I followed her blog, and I'm already a follower of Somewhat Simple.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to try the Basic H. I know it is the answer to my prayers. I just hate using so many chemicals in my home.
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to try the Enfuselle® Moisturizing Shower Gel! I love that they have not only cleaning products, but things for your body, too! What a great company!

    ReplyDelete
  15. As a Mom to 4 kids who all love wearing flip-flops, I would LOVE to have the scour off!

    bamagv at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want the scour off for my tub- and flip flops! joh03045@byui.edu

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd love to have this one: Nature Bright® Laundry Booster & Stain Remover

    ReplyDelete
  18. thanks for the party... happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I got hooked on Shaklee a couple of years ago...LOVE the Scour Off. It's a great product to feature! Happy Independence Day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would like to try ALL the products, every time I clean anything, it just get dirty again!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for making a party, and I hope I'm doing the comment thingy right! If I didn't, please forgive me!
    I pray you are blessed today as you make your home!
    ~me

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would LOVE to win this giveaway!!! I just took a look at the products and would like to try the Super Cleaning Concentrate. I was surprised to read how little of the concentrate you mix with water. This stuff would probably last forever!

    I am a happy follower of Bonnie :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. So many incredible projects to check out and a great giveaway too. So many cleaning products aggravate my asthma that I'm always looking for things that do the job w/out doing me in!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would probably get some nutrition or skin care products.

    My mom used to sell Shaklee when I was growing up. She loved it. She used the vitamins during her pregnancies and she had this "magic" green cream that made my mosquito bites quit itching.

    It's funny because I thought Basic H was Baseygaych... That's how often she used that stuff. I'd love to win...Glad Shaklee is still around!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'd love to try some Shaklee products. I've been following Bonnie's blog too and the products look great.

    Basic H is something I'd like to try.
    I follow Bonnie's blog and read her cleaning tips/ideas often :)
    I'm a FB follower!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Shaklee products look great! Thanks for hosting another great linky party.

    ~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really want to try the Scour Off on my ceramic/glass top oven.

    I follow Bonnie's blog and posted about the giveaway on my blog.

    ~Tamie

    ReplyDelete
  28. I would love to try the scour off!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Im a follower of Bonnies blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'd love to try the scour off. I follow your blog. I follow Bonnie's too.

    Becca
    becca-homeiswheremystorybegins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love Bonnie, she is the nicest! Can't wait to try your embossing demo below!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  32. I would love to try the Basic H2 and Scour Off!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am a follower of Bonnie's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am a follower of somewhat simple's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hey its Cheri from itssoverycheri.com
    Thanks for hosting another great party and give-a-way.

    I am post number 277-I made my own DRIFTWood-sailboat a knock off of White Flower Farmhouse-I hope you will check it out-I love it.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  36. I have a friend who has a BestWater System and they love it. We live in a town where water sometimes doesn't always taste the best but I know when I stop over at their house they always have refreshing clean water. Maybe now is finally the time to buy my system!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I would love to try some of these products! Thanks for the giveaway, too.

    I visited Bonnie's Shaklee site and would love to try the Scour Off--many messes in this house!

    And I'm a follower of her blog, I tweeted and am a follower of you on your blog (sharik11), twitter and Blog Frog!

    I guess I really want to win because I think that gives me 6 entries! Thanks again Stephanie!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I think the Basic H cleaning wipes would be handy based on visiting Bonnie's site. I'm following her blog as of now!

    ReplyDelete