6/16/10

Strut Your Stuff Thursday with ShadowCase

Every Thursday we get together to share our newest creations. It could be just about anything- A makeover, a project, artwork, a great recipe... I am not picky!  I am on the hunt for items to feature and people to guest blog on somewhat simple AND Crazy Domestic, so show me what you got!

Today's giveaway is a fabulous prize from ShadowCase.



ShadowCase makes it easy to turn your memories into artwork! They design gorgeous 12×12″ wood-framed cases that are perfect "homes" for special pictures and memorabilia. 
Take a look at what some of their customers have created with their ShadowCases:
 You can order a custom package and pick everything on your own- your case, your board, your accessories etc.  Everything is interchangeable and fully customizable! 
-OR-
If you're like me and have issues making up your mind, you can order a Complete Kit and have everything matched and chosen for you! (except that I even had issues deciding on my favorite Complete Set!) 

Here is the one I made:

Ever since I purchased Leah's teeny little ballet shoes last fall, I knew I wanted to keep them forever and somehow display them- this ShadowCase is PERFECT!!! I pinned her slippers to the backing, then added some pictures of her in her dance class and it literally took me 15 minutes to create! So simple, so easy and I LOVE IT! 

The Giveaway:
ShadowCase has offered to give one lucky reader their very own Modern ShadowCase Kit.
(That's the same one I got!) 
Take a look:
Description:
Included accessories: 3 coordinated photo frames, 6 custom pins, and 4 designer clips.
(The black and white floral print with a single black ribbon flips over to the white fabric with white criss-crossed ribbon, which is the side I used for Leah's ballet display)

How to Enter:
Visit ShadowCase's site and leave me a comment telling me what you would use your ShadowCase for!  

Additional Entries: 
-Become a follower of ShadowCase's Blog
-Be a follower or a fan of somewhat simple's blog, facebook, twitter or Blog Frog Community.

Please enter a separate comment for each entry

And A Coupon for EVERYONE! 
Even if you don't win, enter code SIMPLE15 and receive 15% off your entire order!!
I will pick the winner and announce it this weekend at the top of my blog, so don't wait, enter now!!! 
•••

And now for the Link Party!  
I am on the hunt for items to feature and people to guest blog on here and Crazy Domestic, so show me what you got!

Here are the rules just to make sure we are all playing fair:
1. Link to your specific post, not the main page of your blog.
2. Grab our party button so everyone can get in on the fun.

This link party will start at 6pm Wednesday and end at 6pm Friday (Arizona time!) By entering your link, you are giving me permission to use any part of your post including pictures in a spotlight on somewhat simple or Crazy Domestic. (Proper credit and links will be given to you, of course!)

51 comments:

  1. I just found your blog by reading about the Mom, I'm bored jar-great idea!

    If I were to win I would use it to remember the upcoming birth of our first child :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i love your shadowbox. your daughter is simply precious. my daughter has her first recital this weekend (she's 3) and i just may need to make one with her shoes, too. thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - Your shadow box is beautiful. Those ballet shoes are so precious. What a fabulous giveaway. Thanks so much for hosting - Hope you are enjoying your week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're about finished with our adoption of two boys from Ethiopia. I'd love to pick up some Ethiopian things to put in the shadowbox along with pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'd steal your idea of the first ballet slippers - I have a sweet b + w pic of my daughter that I'd put with them. Great giveaway - thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Steph, you shadow box is so sweet! Thanks so much for hosting!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. How precious! That will be an heirloom to pass on to her.

    I kept my daughters first ballet slippers and her first tutu in a keepsake trunk for her.

    I would love for you to join in on the fun for all three of my linky parties:

    ASK THE YANKEE - MONDAYS
    TIPS & TRICKS TUESDAY
    TIME TRAVEL THURSDAY

    You can get the details here:

    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/2010/06/brambleberry-cottage-linky-party.html

    Each party runs for six days, so come on by!

    Hope to see ya there!
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful Shadow Cases! Thanks so much for hosting another fun party!
    I wanted to mention that my new blog launched last week, It's A Blog Party! I host a different linky party everyday! I'd love to have you visit!
    http://itsablogparty.com
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for hosting again and for a great giveaway. I'd pick the Classic Shadow Box and display items from Christmas together as a family in FLorida. The whole family was there, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, parents, grandparents and cousins. Your display is darling. I love the little ballet slippers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man. I need this! I just got the flowers from my wedding dried and have been looking for shadow box inspiration! I would put my dried flowers with other wedding memorabilia. This would be perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been looking for a way to display an autographed CD that my son won from his favorite children's singer (Laurie Berkner) It's sitting in a ziploc bag in his room. Such a shame! This would totally be the answer...right?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Already lots of people out there ready to party! Thanks for being our host! Rory

    ReplyDelete
  13. I became a fan on facebook for an extra entry. I want that shadow box for my wedding stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i do want to be on crazy domestic and i know we talked awhile back and i need to send you some info, let me know what you would like.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That shadow box is great! I have been looking for the perfect one for my wedding flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for hosting such a fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that vintage shadow box, I would use it for some wedding memories!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Laura Wilkinson: I would use it to put one of my kids' blessing outfits in then I would buy 2 more for the other 2 kids. cactusroper2002@yaoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Follow your creative blog!!!
    http://superqtonthehill.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I will use it for my wedding pictures, we don't have anything cute for us.

    http://superqtonthehill.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love it! I would shadow box my daughter's summer camp memorabilia!

    Thanks for letting me link up! Happy Thursday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would use it for my daughter's blessing dress! So precious

    ReplyDelete
  23. All four of my boys used the same blessing tux, I would put it in one of those shadow boxes.

    Thanks for hosting the link party. Love your blog!

    ~Lori@ live,laugh,love,create :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would like to use it for one of my children's "coming home" outfits from their birth.

    bamagv@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am a follower your blog too!

    bamagv@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'd use it for family memories, can't decide which ones though...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Que idéias lindas!! Ótima forma para eternizar nossos momentos preciosos!!
    Paz!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I LOVE these shadow cases....so pretty.

    I would probably use mine to showcase my first baby's items.

    GREAT giveaway :)

    liannap@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. My shadowbox would have my daughter's premie items in it. She's four now and loves to look at her tiny diaper, teddy bear, and onesie.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I follow ShadowCase's blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. This would be a great way to bring our wedding memories out of hiding and display them. It'd also be a great idea for graduating children - with all the highlights of their first 18 years. I'm definitely going to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow, what a great product!
    I would use the shadowbox to document the faith journey our adoption has been. Of course I would hang it in our baby girl's room to serve as a reminder of how awesome God is.
    Thanks for the wonderful giveaway.
    God's blessings,
    Sarah :D

    ReplyDelete
  33. I would put the dried flowers from my wedding bouquet in the shadow case! I have been wanting to do something lovely with them!

    ReplyDelete
  34. The ballerina shadow box is too sweet! :)

    Thank you so much for hosting! :)

    Have a great weekend!

    Erin
    Crafts & Sutch

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks for hosting! I love, love, love your ballet shadow box! :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. The shadow box is awesome!! Something I'll definitely need to try!
    Thank you so much for hosting!
    I'd love to have you join me for my Garden party at Keen Inspirations starting next Wednesday-Friday ! Bring an Outdoor/garden or summer project to share...we'll have giveaways all 3 days!
    Hope to seee you there!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love this!!!

    I would frame my daughters take home outfit!!!

    Thanks for the chance!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. if i won, i would use the box to remember my daughter's birthday, with her first pair of shoes, and hospital hat. she'll be a year old in just a short week!

    ReplyDelete
  39. i follow somewhat simple on facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  40. i follow somewhat simple on blogspot too!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I can't say what I would use the shadow box for but I am sure it would be with my chidlren. I follow your blog and am a facebook fan.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh my! I would put my daughters blessing dress in there with pictures of her daddy holding her! I've been trying to find the perfect thing for it and this would surely be it.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Entry #1:

    This rookie blogger just found your blog and I love it. I would be so excited to win that adorable shadowcase and would use it to display my vintage sterling, pearl, and crystal hairpins that I wore on my wedding day along with a bracelet, earrings, and photos. Right now, everything is sitting in a small box, stuffed in the back of my armoire. I woujld certainjly be bloggin' about it when I add my little treasures to my (fingers crossed) shadowcase.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Entry #3
    I am following ShadowCase!

    ReplyDelete
  45. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I grabbed your button and added it to my new blog. I hope to join your link party (thank you) tomorrow if I can get my hallway redesign sneak peek post finished in time. Life is unpredictable with baby twins!

    www.freckledlaundry.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. My daughter has almost outgrown her very first pair of ballet slippers. I absolutely love what you did with your daughters. You've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete