Cupcakes are quite the trend now a days and I love it! There are so many cute toppers, wrappers and ways to frost that have me amazed at some of the talent out there! Its no secret I am not the best baker in the world (not even close) but even a cupcake novice like me can enjoy and appreciate the art of a cupcake.
Last week I tried my hand at baking some cupcakes with the kids and it was a blast! First, I did an extensive search online and came up with a bazillion ideas to try. I think I gained 19lbs from all the cupcakes we made that day, but every pound was worth it! This post will highlight some tips and trends I found in my online cupcake search. Enjoy!
•••
Cupcake Liners
Cupcake liners even make my cupcakes look appetizing!!!
Look at how fun these leopard print liners are:
I used these liners for my carrot cake cupcakes.(A Box from Betty Crocker! Just being real!) I frosted them with my SIL's cream cheese frosting and they looked great but tasted even better!
*Dip your cooled cupcakes into melted icing to get the smooth finish*
Cupcake Wrappers
Cupcake wrappers are taking cupcakes to a whole other level!!!
Here are some vanilla cupcakes the kids and I made:
The liner was pink, but after baking it looks blah.
Enter darling cupcake wrapper and some frosting...
TaDa! So much cuter!!!
I got these wrappers from Marie Lucille, a darling company that has so many varieties!
I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the Bella Cupcake Couture wrappers. They have over 25 prints!
Cupcake Ideas
There were just too many cupcakes I wanted to feature. Seriously, do a google search for cupcake images and you will be overwhelmed!!! The cupcakes I chose to feature here are ones that were linked up to one of the Strut Your Stuff parties, or they were found before I got too overwhelmed in my google search!
Cupcake Sites
I could have done an entire feature post on the following sites because their cupcake content was fantastic!
Home of the tutorial on how to make the perfect dome cupcake
Home of the best vanilla cupcake recipe
Guest Bloggers showing off their cupcake best!
Party ideas, cupcake toppers, the whole 9 yards
Bakerella
The queen of all things baked. Nuff said.
The queen of all things baked. Nuff said.
One Pretty Thing
Best Archived site I have seen with tons of cupcake ideas!
Best Archived site I have seen with tons of cupcake ideas!
Cupcake Fun
Here are some more random cupcake ideas:
Cupcake pillow from Jen @ Tattertots & Jello (as seen on Attempting Creative)
Put a cupcake in an icecream cone with this easy tutorial
Put your cupcakes in cute paper cups
Make your own treat box
Cupcake Toppers
These can add some fun flair to any cupcake. There are a bazillion printables in blog land, but here are some cute free ones that I found:
Any occasion toppers
Luau party toppers
Vintage toppers
Yummy toppers
Cupcake Shopping
I had so much fun finding cupcake ideas for this post! I have added several fun cupcake related items to my OpenSky Shop. Take a look and click on the pictures to purchase them:


















This is a great collection of resources! Love the fence liners! (would be cute with a green coconut 'grass' lawn top, too)
ReplyDeleteI think I gained a couple of pounds reading this... yum!
ReplyDeleteThose all look so delicious! My daughter's birthday is next week and I'm thinking of doing a cupcake theme. Thanks for all the great ideas in this post.:)
ReplyDeleteThis is a great post with tons of resources, thanks for sharing. I made the pig cupcakes from Executive homemaker and they were super easy. I used an edible black pen to make the nose and eyes to make it look more like Hamm from Toy Story but they are really easy. Thanks for the tip on the melted frosting, I always wondered how they looked so smooth
ReplyDeletehttp://craftyworkinmommy.blogspot.com/2010/06/toy-story-birthday-partyfathers-dayfree.html
I love cupcakes!! Thanks for so many great resources! I love the apron!
ReplyDeleteKelli
xoxo
yummy! good job on your cupcake adventures, you look like you are doing a great job!
ReplyDeleteThe possibilities are endless! I could never succeed at baking cakes or decorating them, but a cupcake is a lot easier. Plus, there are so many that the first couple mistakes can be thrown out with no harm to the project as a whole. Thanks for all the wonderful inspiration!
ReplyDeleteOh yummy! Eye candy & cupcake heaven all in one post!
ReplyDeleteSeriously had to make myself stop licking the computer screen! I love cupcakes thanks for the great resources.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for linking to my cupcake toppers! I second the One Pretty Thing recommendation, she has everything!
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome post!! I love sweeing all these resources in one place - sure cuts down on the search time! Thanks Stephanie! And I was thrilled to spot my puppy cupcakes with all the other spectacular ideas - thank you!!
ReplyDeleteAh you've set my heart a-flutter! :)
ReplyDeleteThose wrappers by Marie are so fun!
ReplyDeleteLove all of your cupcake ideas! Thanks for sharing. Do you melt your icing in the microwave?
ReplyDeleteI just read a book called "Icing on the Cupcake" by Jennifer Ross. Cupcakes are the best!
ReplyDeleteHello! Visiting from imalazymom.com!
ReplyDeleteI love cupcakes! Great information thanks so much for sharing.
ReplyDelete